Practice saying, "NO" to your thoughts and emotions of frustration, anger or fear.
Practice getting to where your mood doesn’t shift based on the words or actions of another. Because, as your mood shifts, negative energy is created, and then you’ve got the sequelae of that intense energy, the difficulty of getting back to calm and happy.
Practice controlling the direction of your life, especially in the tough moments!
Calmness is mastery.
It’s all about practice.
Have you ever been asked to accomplish something and you did not think you could do it?
Have you ever had a goal, and then DOUBTED yourself and your ability to accomplish it?
Here’s a thought for those situations:
“Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ‘em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
You will be SO amazed and proud of yourself for not being intimated into not moving forward, but rather, being courageous and growing and doing it! You gain the respect and honor of others as you press on.
You get better. Life gets better.
Do you need a course like this to renew your license?
4 Hours ADA CERP Credit. $65
Most states require instruction in Opiod Rx/PMP for dental license renewal. Dr. Chris Baker's new online course in Opiods/ PMP provides 4 Hours of ADA CERP credit for dentists and dental professionals and is designed to meet the TX regulation to include 2 hours specific to PMP knowledge.
Another Brief about your health. This is about canned, frozen, & packaged foods.
Always, always, read the labels of INGREDIENTS:
- The order of ingredients tell you the order of the percentage of the ingredients in the food. (First ingredient listed is the largest percentage of all the ingredients, then in descending order; last ingredient, least percentage.)
- Avoid foods that list sugar, corn syrup, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) - which is added sugar and is not good for your microbiome, immune system, insulin balance and metabolism.
- Sugar contributes to risk of type-II diabetes, obesity, skin damage, greater risk of cancer and of cardiovascular disease due to more harmful glycation end products (sugar metabolism).
- If an ingredient is a chemical-sounding name, it is probably not good for you.
- The shorter the list of ingredients, probably the much healthier the food is for you.
- One of my fave foods is ice cream. You’d be amazed how many ice creams have few if any natural ingredients in them.
- Many big corporation food companies ENGINEER packaged foods from chemicals that “taste good,” These are less expensive for the company to manufacture. They're generally bad for your health.
- Take photos of labeled ingredients and look them up on the internet. Use that smart phone! Learn and choose wisely.
- Get in the habit of reading labels, to make your choices easier, in finding the least unhealthful packaged foods.
Love you and your health,
This is about your health. This is about your food, the fuel of your health.
One day, walking through a warehouse store’s produce department, I happened to glance up at high, high shelves at the back of the department and saw huge boxes labeled, “watermelons,” “peaches,” and other foods that grow in the soil and on trees. The boxes were on pallets and had been put up there with a forklift. They'd been there awhile.
This was certainly not like the farm pickup truck full of fresh watermelons we saw at our farmers market. (As in the photo above.)
I thought, how is it those huge boxes of those fruits can sit up there even for a day or two, or maybe even a week or two? Do they harvest them SUPER early, “greenest of the green”?
The rest of the story is that our food supplies have become very processed. Even the “fresh” fruits and vegetables are often grown covered in pesticides and their very seeds/DNA altered to grow bigger, more perfectly shaped, more brilliantly colored, with VERY long shelf life, LITTLE NUTRITIVE VALUES and TOXICITY.
For the best you - best immune system, best energy, best brain function:
- Grow a garden if at all possible and trade your harvests with friends & family.
- Buy organic as much as you can, even if the fruits aren’t as pretty.
- Buy frozen organic fruits & vegetables.
- Find your community's farmers markets (it's Spring!) in your community. Ask the if their offerings are organic.
Feeling healthy produces health.
Feeling wealthy produces wealth.
Feeling happy produces happiness.
How do you feel?
Stay busy loving others, being a light-worker. Know within your subconscious mind that your Divine Awareness knows what to do.
Your subconscious mind controls all the vital processes of your body.
Yet, you can interfere with the normal beating of your heart, breathing, immunity and your very health by worry, anxiety and fear.
Consciously think happy thoughts, thoughts of gratitude, harmony, love, peace, and your subconscious mind will respond to your thoughts and bring your body to balance and healthy functioning.
Think good thoughts and good will follow.
Watch your thoughts!
Sending love to you today,
It is morning. A new day.
As we open the kitchen cabinet door to get a coffee filter, a white card on the inside of the door reminds us each morning,
“This is God.
I will be handling
all of your problems today.
I will not need your help, so
go have a miraculous day!”
And beneath that, a reminder:
“Expect a miracle!”
Let the miracles unfold!
In the flow.
"A shoemaker doesn’t exercise his faith by putting little crosses on his shoes. He does it by making the best shoes. He thus glorifies God and blesses the wearer." ~ Paraphrased from Martin Luther, Reformer, original thinker, one who challenges all to think for themselves, rather than blindly accepting the status quo.
Today, go out as who you truly are, and be the BEST you can be!
If you are a doctor, if you are a parent, if you are a friend, if you are a stranger, be the BEST one you can be.
I love you,
Who is behind the research? Who has control? These are questions to consider.
- Advertisement -
Dr Chris Baker
America's most-trusted teacher of orthodontic continuing education, Dr. Chris Baker has practiced and taught for more than 30 years, and is a current or former faculty member of three U.S. dental schools. She is a pediatric dentist, author, blogger, dental practice consultant, and mentor. Dr. Chris is also Past President and Senior Instructor of the American Orthodontic Society. She is based in Texas, USA, but lectures around the world.
Text and images
© 2021 Dr Chris Baker