You can find beauty, your life's true passion, and overcome obstacles -- all at the same time. (Dortmund-Ems Canal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany . Wikimedia Commons photo.)
Find your life's priorities and passions with guidance from REAL, Dr Chris Baker's book on life strategies and living on a grand scale.
"If you have enough reasons, you can do the most incredible things." - Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn's legendary little book "The Twelve Pillars," details how to set goals and motivate oneself towards success in life.
Here’s something to make your day brighter:
It’s a lesson from master life coach Jim Rohn, on overcoming challenges, finding your true passion and purpose in life, and “going for the gusto.”
He says, “If you have enough reasons, you can do the most incredible things.”
IF - You find your reasons.
If you feel you have your reasons, your philosophy, and you’re not taking pain-free, easy decisions and actions toward your goals, they aren’t really YOUR reasons.
When you find YOUR reasons / philosophy, you’ll never look back.
How do you build YOUR new philosophy? How do you commit yourself to YOUR new life? How do you decide to change YOUR life?
Some experiences put you in a place where you experience emotions that really cause you to change your old thoughts and habits, and really take action. (Another Rohn gem)
Disgust with yourself.
Making a decision when your back is to the wall.
Desire that won’t be extinguished.
Resolve to do or die.
Here are 5 ways to help you develop YOUR reasons:
1. This is the greatest challenge: Think about what you are thinking about. You get what you think about. Your philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out.
2. Read everything you can. Learn from people who do well!
3. Journal. Write about your life. It will slow down your thinking and let you realize what you are thinking about.
4. Spend your time wisely. If you are watching videos or reading, and it’s not helping you grow and amend your philosophy, it’s hard to make the best choices in your life,
5. Practice gratitude. When you are happy with what you have, the Universe will provide you with more.
6. Fill your day with decisions that take you to your goals - healthful foods, exercise, reading, journaling, gratitude. “Neglect is the major reason people don’t have what they want. “ (Jim Rohn)
Focus on your daily disciplines.
Keep looking forward.
Never look back!
Dr Chris Baker
Dr. Chris Baker is Past President of the American Orthodontic Society, a pediatric dentist and teacher of orthodontics, An author, dental practice consultant, mentor, and a current or former faculty member of three U.S. dental schools, Dr Chris practices and blogs in beautiful Abu Dhabi, UAE, and glorious Texas, USA.
Text and images
© 2019 Dr Chris Baker