What stimuli, you ask?
* Trying to Survive
* Being in the crosshairs of
- the insurance companies -Insurance has become overwhelming to impossible
- Medicaid administration and paperwork
- other dentists and other specialists
- dental suppliers and costs of supplies
- patients, some of whom are happy and some who are not
- costs in the practice, including taxes
* Leading the team is challenging - frustrating - confusing
* Patients don’t seem to believe I care and want and do the best for them.
* Being out of energy
* Working too many hours a day, a week, a month
* Trying to keep up
* Trying to find a balance between personal and professional life
* Sleep difficulties
Even making more money doesn’t deal with the pain.
Your clinical and technical skills get better and better. Still distressed.
Have you ever felt that you might have chosen the wrong profession? Have you beat yourself up because you can’t fix it all?
Have you even felt like you were in a nightmare? Stressed? Nervous? Looked at others who don’t seem to be experiencing what you are? Blamed yourself for the difficulties? For not being good enough?
What keeps you stressed?
It isn’t supposed to be this way.
It’s time to transform your life.
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”
How do you start doing it differently? What do you change?
Short answer: Your beliefs. Your deepest beliefs.
For Heaven’s sake, how do you change your beliefs?
Understand how your thinking locks you into doing the same thing over and over.
In some circuses, baby elephants are trained with a strong rope around their ankle, linked to a strong pole. When they try to walk away, they are stopped by the rope. All their pushing and pulling doesn’t work. They stop resisting and stay put.
Eventually, when the rope is put around their leg, it doesn’t have to be attached to anything. You can see elephants in the circus with a chain or rope around their ankle, not attached to anything, and they are now convinced the rope/chain holds them. They are very powerful. But they do not know it.
Our beliefs enslave us, hold us back, keep us where we are, doing the same things over and over - that is INSANITY.
- Thus, believe in the power of your beliefs - negative AND positive.
- What are you telling yourself that isn’t true? How do you feel helpless, stuck? Change it! You are powerful. You went to dental school! You began practice! You are powerful and capable!
"The possession of anything begins in the mind." ~ Bruce Lee
Both the negative beliefs and the new positive ones began and begin in the mind.
It’s hard? Sure! Life begins OUTSIDE your comfort zone.
Think differently. Reboot and replace those negative beliefs.
You are Valuable. Precious. Capable. Worthy.
Yes, your mind, your beliefs hold the power to take you to joy, or to sabotage your life.